A frontal hair piece, also known as a lace frontal or lace front wig, is a popular hair replacement option. Attaching a frontal hair piece requires precision and proper technique to ensure a secure and comfortable fit. In this article, we will let you know all about frontal hair pieces and provide step-by-step instructions on how to use it.
What is a Frontal Hair Piece?
A frontal hairpiece, is a type of hairpiece that is designed to be applied at the front hairline to create a natural-looking hairline and mimic the appearance of natural hair growth. It is commonly used in conjunction with hair extensions or weaves to achieve a full and seamless hairstyle.
In more detail, a frontal hairpiece is constructed using a sheer lace or silk base with individual hair strands hand-tied onto it. The base material allows for breathability and flexibility while providing a realistic scalp-like appearance. The frontal hairpiece covers the entire front hairline from ear to ear, providing a complete and natural hairline.
- A frontal hairpiece creates an incredibly natural-looking hairline.
- It allows for various parting styles including middle part, side part, or even off-center parting.
- A frontal hairpiece can assist to hide thinning margins or a receding hairline, while also enhancing and defining your hairline.
- By using a frontal hairpiece, you can protect your natural hair from daily styling, heat, and manipulation.
- The hairpiece provides a secure and natural-looking foundation for your hairstyle, ensuring that your hair extensions or weaves stay in place for an extended period of time.
The price of a frontal hairpiece can vary depending on a number of elements, including the type of base (lace or silk), the brand, the length of the frontal, and the quality of the hair used. Due to the higher coverage area and labor-intensive hand-tying method, frontal hairpieces typically cost more than standard closures.
Depending on the aforementioned criteria, the price can range from about $50 to several hundred dollars or more. When buying a frontal hairpiece, it is important to take into account your budget, desired quality, durability, and desired result.
Frontal Hair Pieces vs. Temple Hair Patches
Frontal hair pieces and temple hair patches differ in terms of coverage area and purpose. Frontal hair pieces cover the entire front hairline from ear to ear, while temple hair patches focus specifically on the temples and sides of the forehead.
The purpose of frontal hair pieces is to create a natural-looking hairline and seamlessly blend with hair extensions or weaves. They offer versatility in styling options and enhance the overall appearance of the hairstyle. In contrast, temple hair patches are used to address specific areas of hair loss or thinning around the temples. They aim to restore a fuller and more balanced look to the hairline.
Also Read: Morgan Wallen’s Mullet Hair
What to Consider When Buying Frontal Hair Pieces?
- Quality of Hair: Opt for high-quality human hair that matches your natural hair texture, color, and density for a seamless blend.
- Base Material: Pay attention to the base material of the frontal hairpiece. Lace is more breathable and gives a more realistic scalp-like appearance, while silk provides added durability.
- Size and Length: Measure your natural hairline and consider the desired hairstyle to find the appropriate size and length.
- Construction Technique: Look for a frontal hair piece with meticulous construction, where the hair strands are individually hand-tied onto the base.
- Brand and Reviews: Research reputable brands and read customer reviews before making a purchase.
- Budget: Set a budget for your frontal hair piece purchase. Prices can vary widely, so consider your budget.
How to Custom Your Own Frontal Hair Piece?
Step 1: Select the base material
The base material of your frontal hair piece plays a crucial role in its overall look and comfort. Lace, mono (monofilament), and skin bases are commonly used options. Lace is lightweight and breathable, providing a natural appearance as it mimics the scalp. Mono bases consist of a fine mesh material that offers longevity and durability. Skin bases, typically made of silicone, give a realistic appearance and allow for easy application of adhesives.
Step 2: Determine the size and shape
Accurate measurements are essential to ensure a proper fit for your custom frontal hair piece. Use a flexible measuring tape to measure the circumference of your head, starting at the hairline in front, going behind the ears, and ending at the nape of your neck. Additionally, consider the desired shape of the frontal area, whether you prefer a straight hairline or a more curved one.
Step 3: Select the hair type and color
Choose the type of hair that best suits your needs and preferences. Human hair provides the most realistic look and versatility. It can be styled, colored, and treated just like your natural hair. Synthetic hair, on the other hand, is more affordable and requires less maintenance. When selecting the color, consider matching it to your natural hair shade or experimenting with a new color that complements your complexion.
Step 4: Customize the hairline
The hairline is a defining feature of a frontal hair piece. To create a natural-looking hairline, consider opting for a pre-plucked frontal or customize it yourself. Pluck stray hairs along the edges to mimic the gradual density of a natural hairline. You can also trim baby hairs near the hairline for added realism. Experiment with different techniques and styles to achieve the desired look.
Step 5: Pick a reliable supplier
Choosing a reputable supplier is crucial when customizing your own frontal hair piece. Look for an online store that specializes in toupees and frontal hair pieces, ensuring they have a track record of delivering high-quality products. Read customer reviews, check their return policy, and verify the authenticity of the materials used before making a purchase. A reliable supplier will provide guidance and support throughout the customization process.
Where to Buy Men’s Frontal Hair Pieces?
The frontal hairpiece could revolutionize hair loss therapies. Customization is essential to ensuring a seamless and unique fit. Our international online toupee store, Rehairsystem.com, intervenes to assist you. Our shop provides a wide range of services to help you personalize your hair piece whether you live in Germany, France, Italy, or anywhere else in the world.
At Rehairsystem.com, we understand that each individual’s hair loss needs are unique. Our team of skilled professionals specializes in crafting tailor-made frontal hair pieces that perfectly match your desired style, color, and density. With a wide selection of high-quality human hair and synthetic materials, we ensure that every customer receives a product that meets their expectations and preferences.
Our online toupee store eliminates geographical barriers, allowing us to cater to customers worldwide. Whether you’re located in bustling cities like Berlin, Paris, or Rome, or in more remote areas, we will deliver your customized frontal hair piece right to your doorstep. Additionally, our dedicated customer support team is readily available to answer any queries and assist you throughout the customization process.
How to Attach a Frontal Hair Piece?
- Cleanse and prepare your scalp by washing with a mild shampoo and patting it dry.
- Position the hairpiece on your head, aligning it with your natural hairline.
- Apply a thin layer of adhesive (liquid or tape) to the attachment area, ensuring even application.
- Allow the adhesive to dry until tacky, creating a stronger bond.
- Carefully attach the hairpiece, starting from the front and pressing it firmly.
- Smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles using your fingertips or a comb.
- Style the hairpiece as desired using combs, brushes, or styling products, being gentle to avoid damage or loosening.
Maintain and Care for Frontal Hair Pieces
- Detangle Gently: Before washing or styling, gently detangle the hair using a wide-toothed comb or a brush specifically designed for wigs.
- Wash with Care: Fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water and add a mild shampoo specifically formulated for wigs.
- Condition the Hair: Apply a wig conditioner or a small amount of leave-in conditioner through the strands of the hair piece.
- Air Dry: After washing, gently squeeze out excess water from the hair piece. Place it on a wig stand or mannequin head to air dry naturally.
- Style with Caution: Use heat styling tools sparingly and set them to a low or medium heat setting.
- Store Properly: When not in use, store your frontal hair piece in a clean and dust-free area.
How long does a frontal hair piece last?
A frontal hairpiece can last anywhere from a few months to a year or more with proper care and maintenance.
What are the different types of frontal hair?
There are various types of frontal hairpieces available in the market, including lace frontal, silk base frontal, and 360 frontal.
What is a fringe hairpiece?
A fringe hairpiece, also known as a bang hairpiece, is a type of hair extension designed to add bangs or a fringe to your hairstyle without cutting your natural hair.
What are frontal hair extensions?
Frontal hair extensions are hairpieces that cover the entire front hairline, from ear to ear.
A frontal hair piece can be a game-changer for individuals seeking to enhance their appearance or experiment with new hairstyles. Its realistic look, versatility, and ability to provide a flawless hairline make it an excellent choice for those dealing with hair loss or simply wanting to switch up their style. Remember, proper attachment is crucial to ensure a secure fit and natural appearance.