Wearing a wig is an excellent way to transform your hairstyle and enhance your overall look. Whether you want to try out different colors, lengths, or styles without committing to a permanent change, or if you’re dealing with hair loss or thinning, learning how to put on a wig properly is essential. Right here, we will guide you through the process of putting on a wig.
Choose the Best Wig for You
When selecting a wig, there are several factors to consider to find the best one for you:
- Style: Choose a wig style that complements your face shape, personality, and lifestyle. Consider whether you prefer short or long hair, straight or curly wigs, or any specific hairstyles.
- Color: Select a wig color that enhances your skin tone and matches your natural hair color if desired. Experimenting with different shades can also be a fun way to change up your look.
- Material: Wigs come in various materials such as synthetic or human hair. Synthetic wigs are more affordable and require less maintenance, while human hair wigs offer a more realistic appearance and versatility in styling.
- Cap construction: This refers to how the wig is built and affects comfort and breathability. Common cap constructions include traditional (wefted), monofilament, lace front, and full lace. Consider your needs and preferences when choosing the cap construction.
- Size and fit: Ensure the wig is the correct size for your head to guarantee a comfortable fit. Most wigs have adjustable straps or clips to help achieve a secure and personalized fit.
- Maintenance: Evaluate the maintenance requirements of the wig before purchasing. Consider factors like washing frequency, styling options, and the use of heat tools.
- Budget: Set a budget for your wig purchase and explore various brands and options within your price range. Remember to consider long-term costs, such as maintenance and potential replacements.
- Try it on: If possible, try the wig on before purchasing to ensure it suits your face shape and feels comfortable. If trying physically is not an option, research customer reviews and consider online retailers with good return policies.
Remember, finding the perfect wig may take some trial and error. Take your time, do thorough research, and consult with professionals if needed to make an informed decision.
Confirm Your Wig Type
After buy and get your right wig, then you need to confirm its type before start to wear it on!
Ready-to-wear wigs are pre-styled and come with adjustable straps at the back. To put on a ready-to-wear wig, start by brushing your hair back and securing it in a low ponytail or braids. Place the wig on your head, ensuring that the front hairline matches your natural hairline. Adjust the straps at the back until the wig feels secure and comfortable.
Lace front wigs have a sheer lace panel at the front, which creates a natural-looking hairline. To put on a lace-front wig, first, flatten your natural hair and secure it with a wig cap. Position the wig on your head, aligning the front edge of the lace with your natural hairline. Use adhesive or wig tape along the hairline to secure the lace. Gently pull the wig backward to adjust its position, and make sure it fits snugly.
360 lace wigs
360 lace wigs have lace all around the perimeter, allowing for a more versatile styling option. To put on a 360 lace wig, follow similar steps as with lace-front wigs. However, with 360 lace wigs, you’ll also need to sew or glue the wig down at the back. This provides a more secure fit and allows for ponytails or updos.
Full lace wigs
Full lace wigs have a sheer lace cap that covers the entire head, giving the illusion of a natural scalp. To put on a full lace wig, start by securing your natural hair in cornrows or braids and wearing a wig cap. Position the wig on your head, aligning the front edge of the lace with your natural hairline. Use adhesive or wig tape along the perimeter to secure the wig. Adjust the wig as needed to ensure a comfortable fit.
Wig Wearing Guides
Remember, practice makes perfect. It may take a few attempts to find the most comfortable and secure method for putting on a wig.
How to wear a wig cap?
- Comb or brush your hair back away from your face and secure it with bobby pins or clips if needed.
- Stretch the wig cap over your head, starting from the forehead and pulling it down towards the nape of your neck. Make sure the cap covers all of your natural hair.
- Adjust the wig cap so it sits securely on your head and feels comfortable. It should be snug but not too tight.
- Tuck any loose hair under the wig cap, ensuring that none of your natural hair is visible.
- Once the wig cap is in place, you can proceed to put on the wig following the specific instructions for the type of wig you have.
How to put on a wig with short hair?
To put on a wig with short hair, follow these step-by-step instructions:
Tools you’ll need:
- Wig cap
- Bobby pins or wig clips
- Hairbrush or comb
- Wig adhesive (optional)
- Hairspray or wig spray (optional)
- Start by preparing your natural hair. Comb it out to remove any tangles and ensure it lies as flat as possible against your scalp.
- Put on a wig cap that matches your skin tone. This helps keep your natural hair in place and creates a smooth surface for the wig to attach to.
- Carefully adjust the wig cap to cover all of your hair, making sure it’s secure and snug against your scalp. You can use bobby pins or wig clips to secure the cap in place if needed.
- Take the wig and position it on your head. Line up the front edge of the wig with your natural hairline, ensuring the wig is centered and aligned correctly.
- Gently pull the wig over your head, starting from the front and working your way back. Use your fingers to adjust the positioning of the wig, making sure it sits comfortably and securely.
- Depending on the wig type, you may have adjustable straps at the nape of the neck. Tighten or loosen these straps until the wig feels snug but not too tight.
- If desired, apply wig adhesive along the hairline or edges of the wig to provide extra security. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for applying and removing the adhesive.
- Once the wig is in place, carefully style it with a hairbrush or comb. You can create different looks by parting the hair, styling it into specific shapes, or using heat tools (if the wig is heat-resistant).
- To ensure a more natural look, consider blending your natural hair with the wig by pulling out some strands of hair along the hairline or using a bit of your own hair to cover the wig edges.
- Optional: Use hairspray or wig spray to set the style and keep the wig in place throughout the day. Be sure to choose products that are suitable for synthetic or human hair wigs, depending on the type you have.
How to put on a wig with long hair?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to put on a wig when you have long hair:
Tools you’ll need:
- Wig cap
- Bobby pins or wig clips
- Hairbrush or comb
- Hair ties or hair pins
- Wig adhesive (optional)
- Hairspray or wig spray (optional)
- Start by preparing your natural hair. Comb it thoroughly to remove any tangles and then tie it up in a low ponytail or braid it close to your head. This step will help flatten your hair against your scalp, making it easier to wear the wig.
- Put on a wig cap that matches your skin tone. Secure the cap tightly over your hair by using bobby pins or wig clips along the perimeter of the cap. Make sure all your hair is tucked inside the cap.
- Take the wig and position it on your head, aligning the front edge of the wig with your natural hairline. Adjust the wig until it feels centered and secure.
- Gently pull the wig over your head, starting from the front and working your way back. Be careful not to catch any strands of hair under the cap or wig. Use your fingers to adjust the positioning of the wig and make sure it sits comfortably.
- If your wig has adjustable straps, tighten or loosen them as needed to achieve a snug fit. This will help keep the wig securely in place.
- Once the wig is in position, carefully release your long hair from the ponytail or braid. Gradually blend your natural hair into the wig by pulling out small sections of hair from underneath the wig cap and positioning them over the wig edges. Use hairpins or hair ties to secure any loose strands if necessary.
- Optional: Apply wig adhesive along the hairline or edges of the wig for additional security. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for applying and removing the adhesive.
- Style the wig using a hairbrush or comb, ensuring you’re gentle to avoid damaging the wig’s fibers. You can part the hair, create different hairstyles, or use heat tools (if the wig is heat-resistant) to personalize your look.
- If desired, use hairspray or wig spray to set the style and keep the wig in place throughout the day. Be sure to choose products suitable for synthetic or human hair wigs, depending on the type you have.
How to put on a wig without hair?
There’s a clear and simple step-by-step guide on how to put on a wig without any natural hair:
Tools or materials needed:
- Wig cap
- Wig adhesive (such as glue, tape, or wig grip)
- Scissors (if using tape or wig grip)
- Start by preparing your scalp. If you have short hair, ensure it is smooth and lies flat against your head. If you have longer hair, tie it up in a low ponytail or braid it close to your head.
- Put on a wig cap that matches your skin tone. Place the cap over your head and adjust it until it sits securely and comfortably. Make sure all your natural hair is tucked inside the cap.
- If using glue or tape: Apply wig adhesive along the perimeter of your forehead, following the instructions provided with the adhesive. Be careful not to get adhesive on your natural hair or the wig cap.
- If using a wig grip: Cut the wig grip to fit the circumference of your head. Place it on your scalp, ensuring it covers the entire area where the wig will be attached. This will provide a non-slip surface for the wig to adhere to.
- Take the wig and position it on your head. Align the front edge of the wig with your natural hairline or the line created by the wig cap or adhesive. Adjust the wig until it feels centered and secure.
- Gently pull the wig over your head, starting from the front and working your way back. Use your fingers to adjust the positioning of the wig, making sure it sits comfortably and looks natural.
- Secure the wig in place. If using adhesive, press down along the edges of the wig to ensure it adheres properly. If using a wig grip, make sure the wig grips tightly onto it.
- Style the wig as desired using your fingers or a comb. Be gentle to avoid damaging the wig’s fibers.
- Use a mirror to check the appearance of the wig from different angles. Make any necessary adjustments to ensure the wig looks natural and feels secure.
Is the Process the Same for Every Wig?
The basic process of wearing a wig is generally the same, but there may be some variations depending on the type of wig. For example, lace front wigs require a different application method compared to traditional wigs. Lace front wigs have a sheer lace panel at the front that creates a natural-looking hairline, so they need to be properly positioned and secured using adhesive or tape.
Additionally, synthetic wigs and human hair wigs may have different care instructions and styling options. Synthetic wigs cannot withstand heat styling tools like curling irons or straighteners, while human hair wigs can be styled just like natural hair.
More Wig-Wearing Tips
- Prepare Your Natural Hair: Before putting on a wig, ensure that your natural hair is flat and smooth.
- Trim the Lace Front: If you’re wearing a lace front wig, you may need to trim the lace along the hairline to customize the fit.
- Style the Wig: Wigs often come pre-styled, but you can further personalize the look to suit your taste.
- Take Care of the Wig: Proper maintenance ensures that your wig stays in good condition and lasts longer.
- Protect the Wig at Night: When sleeping or resting, it’s advisable to remove your wig to prevent tangling and damage.
- Be Mindful of Heat Sources: Avoid exposing your wig to excessive heat sources such as ovens, stoves, or open flames.
- Rotate Your Wigs: If you have multiple wigs, it’s a good idea to rotate them regularly.
Where to Buy and Wholesale Wigs?
Rehairsystem.com is a reputable online wig store that offers a wide range of high-quality wigs to cater to various needs and preferences. With our commitment to providing top-notch products, we have become a trusted source for individuals looking to buy and wholesale wigs.
We boast an extensive collection of wigs, ensuring that customers can find the perfect match for their desired style and appearance. Whether you are looking for synthetic wigs or human hair wigs, short cuts or long lengths, or straight or curly textures, we have got you covered.
And also, we offer premium quality wigs that provide a natural and realistic appearance. Our wigs are meticulously crafted with attention to detail, using high-quality materials to ensure durability and longevity. The synthetic wigs are made from advanced synthetic fibers that closely resemble real hair. Whether you choose a human hair wig or a synthetic one, you can expect a product that looks and feels remarkably natural.
Do wigs fall off easily?
Wigs are designed to fit securely on your head and should not fall off easily when properly worn.
How do beginners wear wigs?
Start with a wig that closely matches your natural hair color and style. Choose a wig that is easy to manage, such as a wig with adjustable straps or one that doesn’t require adhesive.
What kind of wig is best for beginners?
For beginners, it’s recommended to start with wigs that are easy to wear and maintain. Synthetic wigs are a popular choice for beginners because they are pre-styled, affordable, and require minimal styling effort.
How do you keep a wig from slipping?
Adjust the straps or elastic bands inside the wig cap to create a tighter fit. Or use wig clips or combs to anchor the wig to your natural hair.
How do you wear a synthetic wig?
Gently shake the wig to loosen the fibers and eliminate any tangles. Put on a wig cap or prepare your natural hair by flattening it with braids. Place the wig on your head, aligning the front with your natural hairline.
How long does it take to get used to a wig?
Some individuals adapt quickly and feel comfortable right away, while others may take a few days or weeks to adjust.
Can you wear a wig without glue?
Yes, you can wear a wig without using glue. There are various methods to secure a wig without adhesive, such as using adjustable straps, wig clips, combs, elastic bands, or a wig grip.
Do you need a wig cap to wear a wig?
While not always necessary, wearing a wig cap can offer several benefits. Wig caps help to keep your natural hair flat and smooth, providing a better foundation for the wig.
Putting on a wig doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With the proper techniques and a little practice, you can become proficient at achieving a comfortable, secure, and natural-looking fit. By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this article, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the art of wearing wigs. Whether you’re looking for a temporary change or a long-term solution, putting on a wig can help you achieve the beautiful, confident appearance you desire.