Over the years, David Beckham has captivated not only with his iconic skills on the football field but also with his ever-changing hairstyles. From mohawks to slicked-back styles, the retired English football superstar has been a trendsetter when it comes to men’s haircuts. With 2024 upon us, let’s take a look back at the ten most stylish David Beckham haircuts that have inspired men worldwide.
The Fashion Star: David Beckham
David Beckham has become a fashion icon and is well-known for his trendy and polished fashion choices.
One of the key elements of David Beckham’s fashion style is his ability to effortlessly combine classic pieces with modern and edgy items. He is often seen wearing tailored suits with a twist, such as bold prints or unique cuts. Beckham knows how to make a statement with his fashion choices without being too over-the-top.
Another notable element of Beckham’s fashion style is his attention to detail. Whether it’s the perfect accessory, like a well-crafted watch or a stylish hat, or the way he styles his hair, Beckham pays attention to the small details that elevate his overall look.
David Beckham’s fashion choices have clearly resonated with many people, as he has been named one of the best-dressed men numerous times. His influence in the fashion world goes beyond his own personal style, as he has also collaborated with various brands to create successful fashion lines.
Latest News: Beckham’s Only Regret Hairstyle
Beckham’s only regret about his hairstyle is the cornrows he donned during a meeting with Nelson Mandela in 2003. Despite his various hair transformations that made him a fashion icon, this particular style stood out as one he wouldn’t wear again if given the chance.
Beckham explained that he agreed to the cornrows after a suggestion from a friend and hairdresser, despite not knowing what they were. Although he initially liked them, he now acknowledges some regret for choosing this particular style, especially considering the significance of the meeting with Mandela.
10 Of David Beckham’s All-Time Best Haircuts and How to Get
One of Beckham’s most timeless looks is the side part.
How to Get Side Part:
- Start with clean, towel-dried hair.
- Apply a styling cream or pomade to add texture and hold.
- Use a fine-toothed comb to create a deep part on one side of your head.
- Comb your hair to the opposite side of the part, keeping it neat and in place.
The modern fohawk is a contemporary take on the iconic mohawk.
How to Get Modern Fohawk:
- Begin by shampooing and conditioning your hair to remove any build-up.
- Towel-dry your hair to damp, and then apply a hair gel or pomade for hold.
- Use a comb to lift the hair at the front and push it backward, creating a slight pompadour.
- Comb the sides of your hair upward and inward to create the “mohawk” effect.
- Style the top and back of your hair with your fingers to add volume and texture.
The straight-back haircut is a sleek and polished choice that Beckham has rocked on several occasions.
How to Get Straight Back:
- Wash and condition your hair as usual, then towel-dry until slightly damp.
- Apply a small amount of styling gel or pomade to your hair for hold and shine.
- Comb your hair back, starting at the hairline and going straight back towards the crown.
- Use a hairdryer on a low setting to help set the style in place, if needed.
The mullet-length haircut has made a surprising comeback in recent years, and Beckham is no stranger to this trend.
How to Get Mullet Length:
- Begin by growing out your hair to the desired mullet length.
- Trim the sides and front of your hair shorter, leaving the back longer.
- Style the longer back section by applying a styling product to add volume and texture.
- Comb the shorter sections neatly to create a stylish contrast.
Inspired by the legendary musician Bono, this Beckham haircut features longer, shaggy hair that falls effortlessly around the face.
How to Get Bono Vibes:
- Start with clean, dry hair that is at least medium length.
- Apply a hair wax or pomade for hold and texture.
- Comb your hair upwards and back, away from your face, to create height and volume.
- Use your fingers to tousle the top of your hair for a slightly messy, bedhead look.
Beckham has occasionally sported the bangs haircut, which is perfect for those with a longer forehead.
How to Get Bangs:
- Start with clean, damp hair.
- Part your hair at the desired location for your bangs.
- Use a round brush and a hairdryer to blow dry your bangs, ensuring they are smooth and straight.
- Apply a small amount of styling cream or pomade to keep your bangs in place.
- If desired, use a flat iron to straighten your bangs for a sleeker look.
The lob, or long bob, has gained popularity among both men and women, and Beckham has been seen flaunting this trendy cut.
How to Get Lob:
- Begin with clean, dry hair that is at least shoulder length.
- Apply a heat protectant spray and use a flat iron to create loose waves from mid-length to ends.
- Apply a styling cream or texturizing spray to add definition and hold.
- Use your fingers to tousle the waves and create a natural, effortless look.
Middle-parted hair has become increasingly popular, and Beckham has effortlessly pulled off this style.
How to Get Middle-Parted Hair:
- Start with clean, slightly damp hair.
- Create a clean middle part by using a fine-toothed comb.
- Apply a styling product for hold and texture, such as a gel or pomade.
- Comb your hair down on both sides of the part, ensuring it stays in place.
- Use a hairdryer on a low setting to set the part in place, if needed.
The undercut is a bold choice that Beckham has confidently sported.
How to Get Undercut:
- Visit a professional barber to get an undercut, where the sides and back of your hair are shaved or cut very short, while the top remains longer.
- Style the longer top section by applying a styling cream or pomade for hold and texture.
- Comb the top section back or to the side, creating a contrast between the longer top and shorter sides.
David Beckham Mohawk
Last but not least, the infamous David Beckham Mohawk.
How to Get David Beckham Mohawk:
- Start by shaving or trimming the sides and back of your hair very short.
Leave the top section longer, at least a few inches.
- Use a comb and some pomade or styling gel to create a raised, spiked effect along the center of your head.
- Push the hair upward and mold.
Another Way to Style Beckham’s Haircut: Wear a Toupee
If you’re looking for an alternative way to achieve Beckham’s iconic haircuts, consider wearing a toupee. A toupee is a hairpiece that can be attached to your existing hair, offering the versatility to change your hairstyle instantly.
The pros of wearing a toupee include the ability to change hairstyles without committing to a specific cut, the option to experiment with different colors and textures, and the convenience of achieving different looks quickly.
If you’re considering wearing a toupee to style Beckham’s haircuts, the Rehairsystem toupee store is an excellent option. We offer a wide range of high-quality toupees made from real hair, allowing you to achieve a natural and realistic appearance. Our toupees are expertly crafted, lightweight, and comfortable to wear, ensuring a seamless blend with your existing hair.
Additionally, our website provides detailed instructions on how to maintain and care for your toupee, ensuring its longevity and durability.
What is David Beckham’s hair?
David Beckham’s hair is typically styled in a short to medium length with a textured or messy look.
What hair gel does David Beckham use?
While the specific hair gel that David Beckham uses may not be publicly known, he is known to have his own line of grooming products.
How can I look like David Beckham?
Choose a hairstyle that suits your face shape and hair type. Study Beckham’s various hairstyles and consult with a professional hairstylist for a similar look.
What is David Beckham’s haircut called?
Some popular haircut styles associated with Beckham include the textured crop, crew cut, undercut, and quiff.
What does David Beckham use on his hair?
David Beckham is known to use a range of hair products to style his hair.
Does David Beckham dye his hair?
Yes, David Beckham has been known to dye his hair on occasion. Over the years, he has experimented with different hair colors, including blonde, brown, and even platinum blond.
How to cut your hair like David Beckham?
If you want to cut your hair like David Beckham, it’s best to take an image of the desired hairstyle to a professional hairstylist.
What styling products are necessary for David Beckham-style hair?
To achieve David Beckham-style hair, you may need various styling products such as pomade, hair wax, or styling clay to create texture and hold.
How do you bleach hair like David Beckham’s?
Bleaching your hair like David Beckham’s requires careful consideration and professional assistance to avoid damage. It’s advisable to consult with a professional hairstylist who specializes in hair coloring techniques for the best results and to minimize potential hair damage.
How did David Beckham grow his hair back?
For David Beckham 2020 was the year when his hair started to grow back. This happened thanks to a hair transplant surgery that the soccer superstar had had back in 2018.
David Beckham’s ever-evolving hairstyles have always been a topic of fascination and inspiration for fashion enthusiasts. From the timeless side part to the daring mohawk, Beckham has effortlessly made a statement with his haircuts. Whether you choose to replicate his looks with traditional styling techniques or opt for a toupee, the key is to embrace your personal style and experiment with confidence. Take cues from Beckham’s journey, and let your hair be a reflection of your unique personality and fashion sense.