When it comes to hair bonding glue, choosing the right product is crucial for achieving a secure and natural-looking attachment of hair replacement systems. After reading this article, you will know the best hair bonding glue brand and how to pick a suitable bonding glue for your wig hair.
About Hair Bonding Glue
What is hair bonding glue and its purpose?
Hair bonding glue is a specially formulated adhesive designed to securely attach hair extensions, weaves, or wigs to natural hair. Its primary purpose is to create a strong and long-lasting bond between natural hair and added hairpieces. This allows individuals to achieve various hairstyles, add volume and length, or cover up hair loss with confidence.
How does a hair bonding glue work?
Hair bonding glue works by creating a secure bond between the natural hair and the hairpiece. The glue is typically applied to a small section of the natural hair near the roots, and the hairpiece is then carefully pressed onto the glue. The glue forms a strong adhesive bond, keeping the hairpiece in place for an extended period.
It’s important to note that hair bonding glue comes in different formulations, including water-based, latex-based, or resin-based, each offering specific benefits and suitability for different hair types and styles.
Types of Hair Bonding Glue
- Water-based glue: This type of glue is easy to apply and remove, as it dissolves in water. It provides a temporary hold and is ideal for individuals who prefer to change their hairstyles frequently.
- Latex-based glue: Latex-based glues offer a stronger and longer-lasting hold compared to water-based glues. They are popular among individuals who want a secure bond for extended periods.
- Resin-based glue: Resin-based glues provide an exceptionally strong and durable bond. They are often used in professional settings and are suitable for individuals who require maximum hold and reliability.
Pros and Cons of Hair Bonding Glue
- Versatility: Hair bonding glue allows for a wide range of hairstyles, including extensions, weaves, and wigs, providing endless possibilities for creativity and personal expression.
- Secure hold: When applied correctly, hair bonding glue creates a strong and reliable bond, ensuring that the hairpiece stays in place even during rigorous activities.
- Natural appearance: High-quality hair bonding glue creates a seamless and natural look, blending the hairpiece with the natural hair for an undetectable result.
- Long-lasting: Depending on the type of glue used, hair bonding can provide a long-lasting hold, allowing individuals to enjoy their desired style for an extended period before requiring reapplication.
- Customizability: Hair bonding glue offers flexibility in terms of placement, allowing individuals to achieve specific styles, add volume, or cover up areas of hair loss according to their preferences.
- Accessibility: Hair bonding glue is widely available in stores and online, making it easily accessible for both professionals and individuals seeking to experiment with their hairstyles.
- Potential damage to natural hair: Improper application or removal of hair bonding glue can cause damage to the natural hair, including breakage, thinning, or scalp irritation.
- Allergic reactions: Some individuals may be sensitive or allergic to certain ingredients in hair-bonding glue. It’s important to perform a patch test before applying the glue to ensure compatibility.
- Maintenance and removal: Hair bonding glue requires regular maintenance and careful removal to avoid damaging the natural hair.
How to Choose the Right Bonding Glue for You Hair?
Assess the adhesive strength of the bonding glue. Depending on your needs, you may require a stronghold for extended wear or a lighter hold for temporary use. Consider the type of hairpiece you have and the activities you’ll be engaged in while wearing it.
Take into account your skin’s sensitivity. Some bonding glues contain ingredients that may cause irritation or allergic reactions. Opt for hypoallergenic or sensitive skin-friendly options if you have a history of skin sensitivity or allergies.
Consider the ease of application. Look for bonding glues that come with user-friendly applicators or easy-to-follow instructions. A smooth and hassle-free application process will save you time and effort.
Check how easily the bonding glue can be removed. Gentle removal without causing damage to your natural hair or scalp is important. Look for bonding glues that offer easy removal methods or come with recommended solvents or removers.
Evaluate the durability of the bonding glue. You’ll want a product that can withstand various conditions such as sweat, humidity, and physical activities. A long-lasting bonding glue will ensure your hairpiece stays securely attached throughout the day.
Ensure that the bonding glue is compatible with the material of your hairpiece. Different glues work better with synthetic hair or human hair, so check the product’s specifications to ensure a proper bond.
Which Company Makes the Best Hair Bonding Glue?
When it comes to hair bonding glue, Walker Tape is indeed a well-known and respected company in the industry. They have established a reputation for producing high-quality hair-bonding products, including glues and adhesives. Many professionals and individuals in the hairstyling community trust Walker Tape for their adhesive needs.
There is a classic WalkerTape hair-bonding glue that cater to different preferences and requirements:
With its exceptional hold time and waterproof formula, this adhesive is designed to keep your hairpiece or wig securely in place for extended periods.
One of the standout features of Ultra Hold is its remarkable long hold time. Say goodbye to frequent touch-ups and enjoy longer intervals between reapplications. With its waterproof formulation, Ultra Hold offers peace of mind even during activities such as swimming or showering.
Applying Ultra Hold is a breeze. After cleaning your scalp thoroughly, simply use a brush to apply one or two layers of thin and even coats of this high-quality glue onto the desired area.
Where to Buy Bonding Glue For Your Wig?
Beauty Supply Stores
Local beauty supply stores often carry a range of hair products, including hair-bonding glues. Visit your nearest beauty supply store and inquire about their adhesive options.
There are numerous online retailers that specialize in hair care products. Websites like Amazon, eBay, and other specialized beauty websites offer a wide selection of hair-bonding glues from different brands.
Professional Hair Salons
Some professional salons may sell hair-bonding glues directly to customers. Check with local salons in your area to see if they have any adhesive products available for purchase.
Wig Shops and Hairpiece Retailers
Stores specializing in wigs, toupees, or other types of hairpieces regularly carry adhesives specifically designed for those products. These shops may have a variety of bonding glues suitable for different types of systems. Such as us, the Rehairsystem.com.
Our wig collection features a variety of styles, colors, and hair types to suit your individual preferences and needs. Whether you’re seeking a full-coverage hair system or a partial hairpiece, we have the perfect solution to help you regain your confidence and achieve the look you desire. Rehairsystem wig store is your trusted partner in finding the ideal hair replacement solution.
Application of Hair Bonding Glue
Start by thoroughly washing your scalp and natural hair. Use a gentle shampoo to remove any dirt, oil, or residue that could affect the bonding process. Dry your hair completely before proceeding.
Apply a scalp protector or barrier cream around the hairline. This creates a protective layer that prevents the bonding glue from coming into direct contact with your skin, reducing the risk of irritation.
Comb or brush your natural hair to ensure it’s tangle-free and neatly arranged. If necessary, trim any excess hair to create a smooth surface for bonding.
The Step-By-step Guide
- Apply Glue: Using a small brush or applicator, carefully apply a thin and even layer of bonding glue onto the hairpiece or the area where the hairpiece will be attached. Start from the center and work your way outwards to ensure even distribution.
- Wait for Drying Time: Allow the bonding glue to dry partially. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the recommended drying time. This step is crucial as it allows the glue to become tacky, promoting a stronger bond.
- Position Hairpiece: Gently place the hairpiece onto the desired area, starting from the front and working towards the back. Adjust the position as needed to achieve the desired style and fit.
- Secure Hairpiece: Press down firmly on the hairpiece, ensuring it adheres to the bonding glue. Use your fingertips or a clean cloth to firmly press and smooth out any air bubbles or creases.
- Style as Desired: You can use styling tools, such as a brush or comb, to blend your natural hair with the hairpiece for a seamless look.
- Final Touches: Check for any visible glue residue or excess adhesive around the hairline. Gently wipe it away using a damp cloth or cotton swab. Avoid excessive rubbing to prevent loosening the bond.
Tips to Make Bonding Glue Last Longer
- Proper Cleaning: Cleanse your scalp and hairpiece regularly with recommended products.
- Avoid Excessive Moisture: Minimize exposure to excessive moisture, such as swimming or heavy sweating, as it can weaken the bond.
- Gentle Handling: Handle your hairpiece with care, avoiding excessive tugging or pulling.
- Regular Maintenance: Follow a regular maintenance routine for your hairpiece, which may include reapplying bonding glue or making adjustments as needed.
- Protect from Heat: Avoid exposing your hairpiece to excessive heat from styling tools, such as flat irons or curling irons.
- Seek Professional Advice: If you encounter any issues or have concerns about the bonding glue, seek advice from a professional hairstylist or a hair replacement specialist.
Removal of Hair Bonding Glue
Solvent-based removers are specifically formulated to dissolve hair-bonding glue. These removers typically contain ingredients such as citrus oil or acetone, which break down the adhesive bond. To use a solvent-based remover, apply it to the bonded area and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the glue to soften. Gently rub or comb through the hair to remove the softened glue. It’s important to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and perform a patch test before using any new product.
Heat and Oil Treatments
Heat and oil treatments are another effective method for removing hair bonding glue. The heat helps to soften the adhesive, while the oil helps to break down the bond. To use this method, apply a generous amount of oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil, to the bonded area. Then, use a hair dryer on low heat to warm the oil and glue. Gently comb through the hair to remove the softened glue. Repeat the process as needed until all the glue is removed.
Mechanical removal involves gently peeling or rubbing off the glue residue. This method is suitable for individuals with a minimal amount of glue residue or those who prefer a hands-on approach. To remove the glue mechanically, start by gently peeling off the edges of the bonded area using your fingers or a comb. Be careful not to pull or tug on the hair too forcefully, as this can cause damage. Once the edges are lifted, continue to gently rub or roll the glue residue between your fingers until it loosens and comes off.
- Adhesive Removers: These removers often come in liquid or spray form and contain gentle yet powerful ingredients that help dissolve the adhesive bond.
- Citrus-Based Solvents: These solvents, derived from citrus fruits like oranges or lemons, effectively break down the adhesive bond while leaving a pleasant scent behind.
- Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover: Acetone-free nail polish remover can also be used for removing hair bonding glue.
- Oil-Based Products: Certain oil-based products such as coconut oil, olive oil, or almond oil can help loosen and dissolve hair-bonding glue residue.
Keeping Hair Healthy Post Glue Removal
After successfully removing the hair-bonding glue, it’s essential to take steps to maintain the health and integrity of your hair.
- Start by thoroughly cleansing your hair and scalp to remove any residue or product buildup.
- Follow up with a deep conditioning treatment to restore moisture and nourishment to your strands.
- Regularly moisturize and nourish your hair with quality hair care products, such as leave-in conditioners, oils, and masks.
- Additionally, minimize the use of heat styling tools and protect your hair from environmental stressors to promote healthy growth and prevent damage.
What does hair bonding glue do?
Hair bonding glue is a specialized adhesive used to attach hairpieces, wigs, or hair extensions to the scalp or natural hair.
Does bonding glue damage hair?
When used correctly and with proper care, bonding glue should not cause significant damage to your natural hair.
Which hair-bonding glue is best?
Some popular and well-regarded bonding glue brands include Walker Tape, Ghost Bond, and Pro Hair Labs.
Is hair bonding safe?
Hair bonding, when done properly and with the right products, is generally considered safe.
Choosing the best hair bonding glue is essential for a secure and natural attachment of hair replacement systems. By considering factors such as adhesive strength, skin sensitivity, ease of application, and removal, you can select a bonding glue that meets your specific needs and preferences. Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and consult with professionals if needed to ensure proper application and maintenance of your hairpiece.